Visma Connect is the utility company of the digital society. We connect people, companies and governments. Our systems handle 200 million logistical messages, 830,000 annual financial statements, 10 million swift messages and 80 million “berichtenbox” messages each year. All of these must be delivered completely and on time to the right people and authorities. We also provide integration services for governments and companies and we provide payment services to banks and fintechs. Visma Connect works for the government, healthcare and the financial and logistics sector.
We’re growing fast, expanding our services and we have recently joined the Visma family of companies. For - and with - our customers we handle large amounts of data. On top of that we develop cutting edge analytics solutions and services in a range of industries: from accounting, professional sports and tax advice to publishing.
Your mission will be to further enhance our footprint in the field of data science and discover relevant insights for our customers, partners and internal use. You do this by applying different tools and techniques and self-developed algorithms to structure and analyze large amounts of data.
You share these insights with the other disciplines, like product development, the different tribes and the management of Visma Connect.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit, ambitious team. In which knowledge exchange, code reviews and guidance are the order of the day.
Who are you?
We are looking for an experienced data scientist with at least five years of working experience who brings a proactive attitude, ownership, entrepreneurship and strong communication skills to a relatively small team in a young department and who is creative and curious and likes to step off the beaten track.
Furthermore you have:
- A university degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Data Science, Econometrics or similar;
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern programming technologies,languages and tools:
- TensorFlow / PyTorch,
- An inquisitive attitude and self-efficacy;
- The ability to handle stress well. You can work under pressure and are able to see the big picture in complex situations;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and good command of the English language and preferably also of the Dutch language;
Affinity with the accountancy and or the financial sectors is advantageous.
What we offer
- First of all: complex issues and challenges to for you to sink your teeth in.
- A competitive salary;
- Lots of opportunity for advancing your career, personal development, education and training;
- A non-contributory pension scheme, an annual contract with the prospect of a contract for an indefinite period;
- 26 vacation days (with full-time employment) and the possibility to add extra days off.
- A modern office in The Hague Ypenburg; the train stops right outside the door.
- A pleasant working atmosphere in an agile organization with enthusiastic colleagues.
Enthusiastic about this opportunity and about us? Send your motivation and resume before February 24, 2020 to email@example.com. Or fill out the form below. A personality assessment, a reference check are parts of the application procedure. Also a VOG statement is requested.