Visma Connect is the utility company of the digital society. We connect people, companies and governments. Our systems handle 200 million logistical messages, 830,000 annual financial statements, 10 million swift messages and 80 million “berichtenbox” messages each year. All of these must be delivered completely and on time to the right people and authorities. We also provide integration services for governments and companies and we provide payment services to banks and fintechs. Visma Connect works for the government, healthcare and the financial and logistics sectors.
We’re growing fast, expanding our services and we have recently joined the Visma family of companies. For - and with - our customers we handle large amounts of data. On top of that we develop cutting edge analytics solutions and services in a range of industries: from the public sector to accounting, professional sports, tax advice and publishing.
The software software developer we are looking for to join our squad “Gegevenstooling” (information tooling) will be responsible for implementing and developing new features for a range of products. These products validate and convert a variety of data and definition formats including XML and XBRL.
She or he will work closely with the product owners and architects to get a clear picture of the required features and consult with Infrastructure & Middleware Engineers to ensure that the solutions work and are used effectively. Besides that,our new developer works with the testers to ensure that the test coverage is acceptable and bugs are corrected.
Who we are looking for
First of all we are looking for a developer who is experienced in - and really enjoys - functional programming. Furthermore, you are the one who takes the initiative. You have a curious and passionate personality and enjoy working in a team. To be successful in this role you:
- Are Honest, flexible, creative and energetic;
- Have an eye for detail that doesn’t inhibit you from seeing the big picture;
- are experienced in and Adhere to the DevOps principles.
- HBO / WO level information technology or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience as a Developer;
- excellent command of the English language;
- The ability to develop in multiple development languages using up-to-date techniques and best prac ces (Scala 95%, Java 4%, “other” 1%);
- Knowledge of development processes (Scrum), developer guidelines;
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum, Kanban or similar);
- Knowledge of AWS or similar cloud platform;
- Knowledge of Scala, Maven and SBT;
- Knowledge of or experience with XBRL is advantageous.
- An attractive salary, a non-contributory pension and the prospect of a permanent contract;
- A dynamic, creative working environment;
- The opportunity to join a great, ambitious team;
- Plenty of training, education and development opportunities;
- 26 days of paid leave;
- A flexible transportation allowance scheme;
- A beautiful office;
- A daily catered, healthy lunch in our own company restaurant;
- Friday afternoon drinks.
Send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. A personality assessment, a reference check are parts of the application procedure. Also a VOG statement is requested.
This vacancy has been opened internally and externally at the same time. In case of proven equal suitability, an internal candidate is preferred.